— Proper posture can prevent pain and injury, says Mayo Clinic. To check if you have proper posture, Mayo suggests the “wall test.”
Here’s what it involves:
- Stand so the back of your head, shoulder blades and buttocks touch the wall. Your heels should be 2 to 4 inches apart.
- Place a flat hand behind the small of your back. You should be able to slide your hand between your lower back and the wall.
- If there’s too much space behind your lower back, draw your belly button toward your spine.
- If there’s too little space behind your lower back, arch your back so your hand can slide behind you.
- Walk away from the wall while holding proper posture. Return to the wall to check whether you kept the correct posture.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2019