— Turkey will be on the dinner table of a great many Americans this month.
After buying and thawing your turkey, it’s time to cook it. Before you do, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has advice for keeping you and loved ones safe:
- Set your oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
- Place your turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Check that the cooked turkey’s temperature is at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the turkey stand for 20 minutes before carving, allowing juices to set.
- If you stuffed the turkey, remove all stuffing from the cavities.
- Wash hands, utensils and anything else that touched the raw turkey.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2019