— Applying to college can be a stressful experience for teens, says Hillside Treatment Center. Made worse by other sources of stress — such as homework and extracurricular activities — anxiety during this time is common.
To ease college application anxiety, Hillside Treatment Center encourages parents to:
- Create realistic expectations.
- Avoid comparing your child to others.
- Offer support and pay attention to their feelings.
- Ensure your child eats well and gets enough sleep.
- Focus on finding the right college, not necessarily the best college.
- Enjoy quality time with your child, away from college concerns.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2019