— Changing your baby’s diaper may seem scary, but don’t worry. Within a few weeks, you can be an expert. Gather a clean diaper, wet wipes, a burp cloth and a safe place to change your baby before starting.
The American Pregnancy Association offers these step-by-step directions:
- Lay the baby down. Use safety straps to prevent the baby from falling.
- Remove your baby’s clothes. Un-attach the dirty diaper.
- Place a burp cloth over the baby.
- Clean the diaper area from front to back with a wet-wipe. Open the clean diaper.
- Lift the baby’s legs up and slide out the dirty diaper. Replace with a clean diaper.
- Apply a lotion, baby powder or rash cream, if necessary.
- Pull the diaper front through the baby’s legs. Secure both sides to the front.
- Re-dress your baby.
To ensure that the diaper isn’t too tight or too loose, make sure you can slide just two fingers in the top front area of the diaper.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2019